Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Nude of the day 58: Splashes of colour

Please comment: I put these pictures up to see what people think so please comment. A raffle at the end gives everyone who comments the chance of a free print. Read below to learn how to make a comment.

The picture: I used no tools for this picture, I used my fingers as a child might paint with ketchup and mayonaise on the kitchen table with her fingers.  I used my finger tips and nails.  You can see the finger nail marks on the side of the torso on the left of the picture and the zig-zag in the background.  The colours used were Maimeri acrylics primary colours:
   yellow 116
   cyan 400
   magenta 256
and a spot of white paint here and there.  The dark black mass was as mixtureof all three colours, and I scratched out an ear-ring while the paint was still wet. I got the flesh tones with an underwash of yellow. These three Maimeri colous will make most of the colours you ever need. I think a stick was used also as well as my fingers.


What do you think? I get pretty messy when I finger paint in this way but I enjoy it. I also paint with my fingertip on my iPad,  See the iPad picture of a nude in a landscape which is coming tomorrow. Have you tried finger painting? Let me know.


Video: I have made a video of my thoughts on the previous pictures. Click on the dates to view. First group Jan 1 to 16, second group Jan 17-31. Could be interesting to my fellow artists.  A video of my thoughts on the February nudes is on its way. And here it is Jeanie's thoughts on the pictures on her blog during February:
 

Buy a print: For a high definition print of this drawing, or any in the series, contact me via nandjmellersh@yahoo.co.uk.  A3 size will cost you £40 uk plus postage. A 4: £35 uk plus postage.
My Links: Art - www.jeanie.mellersh.orgVideos about my life"Colourful World of Jeanie" 


How to comment: Simply click on the word “No comments” or "Post a comment" below and a box opens for your comments. Seems you may need a google account to do it. Some people are having trouble.  We are not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment