Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Nude a day 29 Light-hearted thoughts

Water soluble crayons and water. 24 x 49 cm
Often I imagine what the model is thinking or saying and that becomes the title, as it has here. Did you look at “Nude a day 22 Arm on Red bar”? I used these water soluble crayon blocks, called “Aqua Brique” for the first time on that painting, and I've used them here for the second time. They were very different from anything I have used before. I marked the paper with the block . There was an explosion of colour as I touched the marks with water, a wonderful volcanic eruption of art.

On this picture I used subtlety (you WHAT!!??) and moments later I ran parts of the picture under a gentle stream of tap water. I enjoy these sorts of adventures. The colours are very crude. Enjoy, (especially my granddaughter Natasha and my niece Sophie who like coloured nudes.)


I hope you have liked the pictures so far. If you liked any of them enough, you can buy the original: £100 unframed plus P & P. Email me for more information at nandnjmellersh@yahoo.co.uk.

Anyway, please let me know what you think by commenting either on the blog or by email to me at the address above. As we did last year we will raffle away two prints among those who comment. So start commenting for a chance for a prize.!)


Jeanie Mellersh
My Links: Art - www.jeanie.mellersh.org.  Videos about my life"Colourful World of Jeanie"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment