Sunday, January 26, 2020

Nude a day 26: Red curls tossed back

Pastel on sand coloured pastel paper. 35 x 22 cm

15 minute pose. I use the charcoal very lightly and get into a mess with my hands. I clean my work with a putty eraser which you can shape into sharp points for detail. With a putty eraser there is a different technique for using it. You don't go left to right, You press it down and lift it up and it lifts the charcoal off the paper.

This is more a drawing than a painting because of the colours and the paper colour. The charcoal outline is more of a drawing. I like the way her profile is balanced by her mass of curly hair.

I hope you have liked the pictures so far. If you liked any of them enough, you can buy the original: £100 unframed plus P & P. Email me for more information at nandnjmellersh@yahoo.co.uk.

Anyway, please let me know what you think by commenting either on the blog or by email to me at the address above. As we did last year we will raffle away two prints among those who comment. So start commenting for a chance for a prize.!)

Jeanie Mellersh
My Links: Art - www.jeanie.mellersh.org.  Videos about my life"Colourful World of Jeanie"


No comments:

Post a Comment